Have you been approved to be fit for your first pair of pointe shoes? Congratulations!
Standing Ovation’s certified pointe shoe fitters are available 6 days a week. Please try to follow these guidelines when you come to be fit for your first pair.
1. Please arrive no later than an hour prior to closing. We want to give your fitting the most attention we can and don’t want to have to rush!
2. Allow at least 30-45 minutes for your first pair. Fitting a pointe shoe is much more involved than you or your parents probably realize!
3. Wear comfortable clothing to allow you to do 2nd position plies.
4. Please listen closely to your fitter. Questions asked of you are very important to the fit of your shoes.
5. If you have worn pointe shoes before, please bring in your old pair for us to take a look at.
Pointe Shoe fittings are on a first come first serve basis. You are not required to make a appointment to have a fitting, but we do recommend calling ahead to make sure there is someone available to assist you.
Always seek your teachers approval prior to sewing your ribbons and elastic onto your new pointe shoes.
We pride ourselves in exceptional customer service and in making every effort to ensure that all dancers are properly fit by a trained fitter. However, your teacher knows your technique best, and watches you dance often.