Have you been approved to be fit for your first pair of pointe shoes? CONGRATULATIONS!
Standing Ovation’s certified pointe shoe fitters are available 6 days a week. Please try to follow these guidelines when you come to be fit for your first pair.
1. Please arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to closing. Thank you.
2. Allow at least 30-45 minutes for your first pair. Fitting a point shoe is much more involved than you or your parents probably realize.
3. Wear comfortable clothing to allow you to do 2nd position plies.
4. Please listen closely to your fitter. Questions asked of you are very important to the fit of your shoes.
Pointe Shoe fittings are on a first come first serve basis. You are not required to make a appointment to have a fitting, but we do recommend allowing 30 minutes for a fitting and calling ahead to make sure there is someone available to assist you.
Introducing Groundbreaking Innovation: NEW BLOCH STRETCH POINTE SHOES
- Longer vamp and straighter wings establish lateral support
- Split outsole allows the satin to fully stretch in a demi pointe
- Leather lining in the heel ensures secure fit
- Arch hugging
PLEASE REMEMBER to always seek your teachers approval prior to sewing your ribbons and elastic onto your new pointe shoes.
We pride ourselves in exceptional customer service and in making every effort to ensure that all dancers are properly fit by a trained pointe shoe fitter. However, your teacher knows your technique best, and can be a valuable tool in helping you find the right shoe.